On June 16, 2022, we held our 5th Annual Dental Medicine Research Fair!
Below are some details about the projects presented by our dental residents:
- AEGD: Dr. A. Hammoueh presented: "Creation of an Evidence-based Educational Brochure on Cannabis Use and Its Effects on Periodontal Health for Patients at Frederiksted Health Care, USVI".
- Clinical Research Team: Drs. A. Shea and J. Chopra presented: "Barriers and Facilitators for Dental Care for Participants of the Women, Infants, and Children Program at Family Health Centers at NYU Langone".
- Dental Anesthesiology: Dr. M. Aglietti: "Awake Intubation and Identification of the Difficult Airway",
- Endodontics: Drs. I. Dashut, A. Mark, T. Wang: "Factors Influencing Outcomes of Vital Pulp Therapy in a Hospital Dental Clinic".
- GPR: Drs. K. Watts, M. Salama, T. Ozbeki, Y.J. Lee: "Rethink Your Drink".
- Peds: Dr. N. Ahmad: "Comparison of Pressure, Formocresol, and MTA Pulpotomies in Primary Molars with or without Antimicrobial Irrigation at a California Community Health Center Clinic".
- Peds: Dr. L. Cantrell: "Impact of the COVID-19 Pandemic on Pediatric Emergency Dental Clinic Visits".
AMAZING JOB, everyone! Thank you for an amazing Research Fair. Also special thanks to all the mentors that provided guidance to the residents!