Community Health Connections serves an estimated 26,000 uninsured and under-insured residents of North Central Massachusetts. Each of the four sites serves as permanent medical and dental centers in the towns of Fitchburg, Leominster and Gardner. The centers provide primary family medical care, HIV and Hepatitis C services, preventive and restorative dental care, oral surgery, behavioral health services. CHC also provides supporting services such as school based services, access to specialty services, community outreach, health benefits counseling and assistance, health education and transportation. CHC serves as a family practice residency training site for University of Massachusetts Medical School and Health Alliance Hospital, the local community teaching hospital, as well as LMC Dental’s AEGD program.
In the dental department, residents will gain experience providing treatment in these areas:
- Operative dentistry
- Restoration of the edentulous space (primarily removable prosthodontics)
- Periodontal therapy
- Endodontic therapy (anterior and posterior teeth)
- Oral surgery, socket preservation and bone grafting procedures.
- Evaluation & treatment of dental emergencies
- Pain & anxiety control utilizing behavioral and/or pharmacologic technique
- Implantology: Residents receive instruction and supervision in the diagnosis and treatment planning of implant dentistry, including prosthodontic restoration of implants. Implants are placed by the supervisors and residents may place implants under direct supervision.
- Invisalign: Residents will have access to clear aligner technology which is virtually invisible way to improve patients smile without metal braces for adults and teenagers.
|Name||NYU Langone Dental Medicine - Fitchburg, MA|
|Description||You may use the name and number noted above to locate this site in the ADEA Pass Application.|
326 Nichols Road
Dr. Shirley Austin
Community Health Connections Inc. - Fitchburg
|Total # of operatories||9|